Best Practices for Blogging with WordPress
There are many people who are not blogging for fun anymore. A lot of people have taken up blogging as a profession. A lot of them are successful as well. Like any business, blogging also needs some best practices to ensure that the business grows. WordPress has opened the door of many functions and opportunities to the bloggers. Today, it is much more easier for a blogger to make his blog attractive and more useful with the help of WordPress Plugins. WordPress Plugins are used by websites like LinkedIn as well. Coming back to best practices for blogging with WordPress, below mentioned are few tested ways which one should keep in mind while posting:
1. Title: Title is like a window to the post. It should be giving out vital information about the content of the post. Title should never be vague or else it might not draw good traffic. Visitors will read the post only once they get attracted towards the title.
2. Keywords: Another key component of any post which should be kept in mind by the blogger is the use of the keywords. One should try and use the keyword of the post in the title. This will help the post to come up in the search results more often. Also, one should try and connect the keywords through hyperlink to related post which were published in past. This results in revisiting of older posts.
3. Scheduling: WordPress has proved itself to be a boon for the bloggers with its capability of scheduling the publishing of the posts. Now, with the help of scheduling function one need not worry about the times when one has to attend some function or due to any reason need to be away from their computer. One can easily schedule the posts to be published in future. So, visitors will never feel that you are out of touch.
4. Image: Another thing to be kept in mind while publishing a post is to add a related image to it. This helps the users to connect to the post in more comfortable manner.
5. Announce: If possible one should announce the posting of any new content on the website. This can be done with the help of various social networking websites available on internet. This will help the blog owner to attract more visitors.
Apart from above mentioned things, one should try and always comment to the visitor’s comments. This results in long string of comments to the post. Also, a person should try and generate more and more contests and forums on his blog. This helps visitors to get more involved in the blog and ensures that they feel wanted and asked for. If used in correct manner one can utilize WordPress through blogging and can bring profit through this mode of Business Networking. A lot of people with small scale business are also using this cost effective tool to promote their business. So what are you waiting for?
Using WordPress to Better Your Business Brand
Earlier, an individual required help from professionals and a lot of investment of time, effort and money if he wanted to indulge in business networking. It was not an easy job for someone to promote his business online with the help of his own website. Especially, if the business was small, it was all the more difficult to try web based marketing. Times have changed. Today, it is not just cheap in monetary terms; it is also a lot more convenient to promote business online. Creating online presence is considered to be a major milestone in the progress of any business today. WordPress is today’s Content Development System. WordPress was primarily developed to launch blogging. Today, of someone wants with small scale business wants to promote it on web; WordPress makes it possible for him.
WordPress is like a boon for anyone’s business. Reasons why one should opt for WordPress are:
1. Search Engine Optimization: WordPress provides good Search Engine Optimization facility. There are many search engine optimization benefits which one can avail with WordPress and that too free of any cost.
2. Updation of Content: With WordPress it is easier to update content on one’s website. One can easily update data on the website, even if he does not know about HTML. With the help of WordPress one can easily edit the existing pages and can also add new pages. Content development was never this easy.
3. Plugins: One can make their website and blog more attractive with the use of themes and Plug – Ins. Plugins not just make the website attractive for the users, it also provides a lot of convenience to the owner of the website. Plugins gives the opportunity of starting popularity contests, search columns etc. which makes the website more popular. One can now easily get free themes for the website. Apart from that, a person can start polls, contests, discussions on his website with the help of WordPress Plugins.
4. Cost Effective: There is no reason to doubt that WordPress is cost effective for any person involved in any type of business. It is good for small scale businessmen also as they need to invest very less in this case. With low investment, one gets an opportunity to reach numerous people or prospective customers with the help of WordPress. LinkedIn is an example of reaching out people with WordPress application.
Anyone who is looking out for the most cost effective, easy, simple and functional way to promote the business, WordPress is the answer to all his requirements. By using contests, polls, and popularity charts one can attract more visitors to the website. A person should always try to educate users about his blog rather than trying to capture user’s interest only. With knowledge and information, one can surely attract more visitors. All this is possible by adding a lot of useful Plugins. Plugins are like mini software with unique features, In WordPress various Plugins can be added to make the website more useful.
Creating a Community
Creating a Community Using WordPress Blogs
There are many people starting their own blogs every day. Are all of them successful? Well, the answer is no. Not everyone is successful. It is not easy for all to draw crowd or traffic (as we say in internet terms) to their blogs. There are few things required to draw string of visitors to the blog. Obviously, without people visiting the blog, one cannot even think of a working community online. Most of the people who start blogging, want to create a community on web. Few people who want to promote their business through blogs actually indulge in this new media networking in order to promote their business.
The theme and functions of a blog impacts the kind of traffic it draws and success of the community. WordPress has made the lives of several people easy. With amazing free Plugins available on internet for WordPress, one can make his blog more and more interesting with these Plugins. These Plugins not just make the blog more interesting, they also add value and make it simple for the visitors to browse through the website. While creating a community using WordPress, one can use below mentioned Plugins to make it more useful:
1. Add to Any: This particular plugin makes it possible for the user to connect the blog with any of the social networking sites like Face book, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. This helps the user of the blog to locate the blog as and when he requires it. Speedy and easy access results in more hits on the blog.
2. Comment Relish: If one has to make the blog popular and grow the community in size, he needs to ensure regular communication with the users. Comment relish shoots a thank you mail to the users the moment they leave a comment on the blog. This particular plugin makes the users feel important and wanted. It also results in soft touch of communication between the blog owner and the visitors.
3. Subscribe to comments: This is another plugin which initiates and maintains the communication to ensure growth of the blog community. This particular plugin informs the blog owner whenever someone replies or leaves a comment. This way, the blog owner can reply back on priority and continue the conversation with the visitor. Hence, it results in more strings of comments. In long run, such things act as a catalyst for growth of the community.
4. Contest and Forum: By introducing contests and forums for discussion on the blog, one can increase the number of visitors. This can be done with the help of various available Plugins to be used in WordPress.
Considering that WordPress is low in price, one can state that it is one of the most cost effective ways to promote business. It is simple to understand as well. Starting a blog and a community on internet is no more a tedious job now. People can enjoy being a successful blog owner with the help of WordPress.